We’re a team of startup and moving industry vets who are on a mission to change the relocation industry. Our software helps companies book more moves, increase conversions, and deliver exceptional customer service. Our vision? A moving experience that’s seamless and stress-free. (The way it should be.)
We’ve recently raised our Series A round, and are ready to grow! We’re based in the SF Bay Area, with offices in Belgrade. We’re looking for a Content Strategist with a pioneering spirit and crack copywriting skills. You’re a storyteller, editor, and design thinker. You’ll do well if you’ve got a strategic vision, and can execute on it too. Flexibility, initiative, and strong prioritization skills will serve you well at Shyft.
As our first dedicated writer, you’ll be in-demand across the organization. You’ll work with the CEO, VPs, marketing staff, project managers, and designers. Your writing will appear wherever there are words—internal and external publicity, in-product, on our website and in customer-facing communications. No pressure, right? But seriously—your gifts will be appreciated wherever you go.
If the idea of a startup-in-growth-mode makes you feel ready to rock, read on.
The role offers a strong opportunity to advance your skills in:
- Develop and document Shyft’s voice and tone strategy.
- Write clear, consistent, and concise copy for marketing materials, in-product designs, and internal communications. We’re talking everything from button copy to vision statements.
- Provide writing mentorship and training to the Belgrade team.
- Collaborate with designers, product marketers, product managers, and engineers to bring Shyft’s voice to the UX.
- Connect your content recommendations to customer and company goals.
- Wherever you can, use data and customer research to improve our content strategy.
- Effectively manage multiple projects and shifting deadlines.
- 3+ years of experience in content strategy, UX writing, or copywriting, preferably for a growing company.
- A fantastic online portfolio.
- You can tell us stories about how you’ve advocated for customers in the past.
- You’ve got team spirit—you communicate well, and take feedback like a champ.
- BONUS: You’ve written for product interfaces.