Shyft is a technology and logistics company that is transforming the moving and relocation industry. Based in the SF Bay Area and with offices in Belgrade, Shyft is fundamentally changing the moving industry by bringing powerful software to help companies book more moves, increase conversions and deliver exceptional customer service.
Shyft is redefining the corporate relocation experience by developing exceptional user experiences, technology and solutions to relocate transferee’s seamlessly and stress-free.
Accounting Manager Responsibilities:
• Managing and overseeing the daily operations of the accounting department including recording and reconciliations of transactions.
• Monitoring and analyzing accounting data and producing financial reports or statements on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
• Establishing and enforcing proper accounting methods, policies and principles to ensure accurate reporting and adequate internal controls.
• Working with US accounting Controller and VP Finance to provide accurate financial reports
Accounting Manager Skills:
• Developing Budgets, Local Legal Compliance, Tracking Budget Expenses, Managing Processes, Reporting Research Results, Management Proficiency, Coordination, Motivating Others, Leadership Skills, Attention to Detail.
We are looking for an accounting manager to supervise, track and evaluate day-to-day activities. Accounting manager responsibilities include establishing financial statements by developing and implementing systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying, reconciling and reporting financial information. We are looking for someone to work closely with our accounting and financial management team and be willing to learn from the team, train new skills; and improve accounting knowledge and expertise for the entire team.
Specific Job Duties:
Lead an accounting team. Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department, including the following:
• Prioritize collections from customers
• Manage cash flow on a daily basis
• Record gross bookings on the accrual basis
• Record Move Partner fees on the accrual basis
• Weekly cash flow management reporting
• Variance analysis reporting on a monthly basis
• Quarterly reporting to management and the US
Month-end closing of the books including:
• Bank account reconciliations and cash receipts
• Accounts Receivable collections
• Prepaid expense adjustments and reconciliation
• Lease agreement reconciliation
• Asset tracking including depreciation & amortization
• Accounts Payable management
• Credit card detail and balance reconciliations
• Accrued expense adjustments and reconciliation
• HR new hire employees approved
• Payroll processing and payroll tax reconciliations
• Loans, debt and other current liability reconciliations
• Provide recommendations for monthly closing process
Experience and Qualification Requirements:
• Proven prior working experience for 5-years as Accounting Manager, Accounting Supervisor or Finance Manager
• Advanced computer skills on MS Office, Google Drive, Quickbooks Online accounting software and various cloud directory and other databases
• Ability to manipulate and summarize large amounts of data in worksheets
• Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, local laws and regulations, and internal controls
• Maintain internal controls and confidentiality of sensitive financial and HR employee information and payroll records.
• Proven ability to direct and supervise a team of 6-8 staff while maintaining attention to detail, accuracy and review
• Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting